April 29, 2014
Step-through Bikes Combine Comfortable Design with Latest Technology to Help Exercisers Achieve Fitness Goals
ROSEMONT, Ill., April 29, 2014 – It’s no secret that exercisers look for at-home fitness options that provide a comfortable yet effective workout. Life Fitness, a company recognized for providing quality fitness equipment to health clubs and homes around the world, recently unveiled the new RS1 and RS3 recumbent bikes that feature an easy-to-enter design and connectivity to fitness apps to help exercisers achieve their goals.
The new Life Fitness Lifecycle Recumbent Step-through Bikes are ideal for all fitness levels – from active aging exercisers to athletes interested in home rehab exercises. They feature a step-through design for easy entry and exit, and build upon the trend of connectivity in fitness equipment by offering compatibility with several popular fitness apps through the Track+ Console by Life Fitness.
“Our research has shown that at-home exercisers want a low-impact cardio workout that combines comfort and ease of entry,” said Chris Clawson, president of Life Fitness. “With these new recumbent bikes, Life Fitness is able to offer a comfortable design that is powered with the latest technology and apps to motivate exercisers to achieve their fitness goals.”
Customized workout options are available with the new RS1 and RS3 Lifecycle Recumbent Bike models to help exercisers meet individual fitness goals. The bikes are compatible with both the Life Fitness Go and Track+ Consoles to give consumers a choice to meet their fitness needs.
- Go Console: This innovative Console uses an intuitive design to help consumers choose their desired type of workout, allowing exercisers to control resistance, distance and time. The Console’s HeartSync™ technology provides heart rate controlled workouts that focus on fat burning, cardio and heart rate, and daily training workouts for timed exercise sessions.
- Track+ Console: In addition to the Go Console features, Lifecycle Recumbent Bikes upgraded to the Track+ Console offer additional personalization options and compatibility with Android™ and Apple® devices. Through Track+, exercisers can use a wide range of fitness apps, including LFconnect™, Bull Trainer, Lose It!, Kinomap and EveryMove to keep track of fitness goals, mimic previously biked terrains and create new custom workouts.
Additional features include:
- A bike frame built on the proven design of Lifecycle bikes, offering fitness club quality.
- A comfortable step-through design with a front assist handle to offer easy entry and exit for exercisers of all fitness levels.
- Ergonomic mesh seat that adjusts horizontally and reclines to offer a comfortable workout and help exercisers stay motivated to achieve fitness goals, available on the RS3 model.
With the wide variety of customizable workouts and innovative technologies offered by the Life Fitness RS1 and RS3 Lifecycle Recumbent Bikes, exercisers can experience a stable, comfortable and effective workout without ever needing to leave their homes. Like all Life Fitness equipment, the Lifecycle Recumbent Bikes were refined and tested in the same laboratory as Life Fitness health club products to ensure superior biomechanics and durability.
“Since the invention of the original Lifecycle stationary bike, we’ve continued to incorporate innovations in design and technology into our at-home exercise equipment,” said Clawson. “The RS1 and RS3 bikes were engineered using our decades of biomechanics expertise to create at-home exercise equipment that is reliable and results-oriented.”
The RS1 model retails for $1,799 with the Go Console and $2,199 with the Track+ Console. The RS3 model retails for $2,399 with the Go Console and $2,799 with the Track+ Console.
For more information about Life Fitness Lifecycle Recumbent Bikes, please visit lifefitness.com.
About Life Fitness
Life Fitness is the global leader in commercial fitness equipment, as well as game tables and furnishings. The company manufactures and sells its well-known strength and cardiovascular equipment under its Life Fitness and Hammer Strength brands. It also offers billiards tables, accessories and game room furniture under the iconic Brunswick Billiards brand. Life Fitness, Hammer Strength and Brunswick Billiards equipment is distributed to more than 120 countries. Headquartered outside Chicago, in Rosemont, Ill., the company is a division of Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC).