March 13, 2014
SAN DIEGO, IHRSA Booth 1615, March 13, 2014 – With technology-assisted workouts, exercisers are more empowered than ever before to take control of their fitness. Now, Life Fitness, the global leader in commercial fitness equipment manufacturing, is leading the industry in enhancing that technology by providing cutting-edge solutions for both exercisers and facility owners. From wireless connectivity to facility management, at IHRSA 2014 Life Fitness is unveiling abundant technology integrations that will create engaging experiences for exercisers, while helping facilities maximize ROI. At the helm of these technology offerings are LFconnect™, the hub of Life Fitness cloud technology, and LFopen™, the fitness industry’s first truly open API.
“Over the past two years, we’ve been working hard to set the foundation for the most robust technology platform in the fitness equipment industry,” said Matt Brennand, Director of Cardio and Technology Products of Life Fitness. “LFopen and LFconnect lay the groundwork for endless possibilities that create a completely connected experience for exercisers and smart business solutions for facilities.”
Ever-evolving mobile technologies–and fitness equipment that supports it–makes it easier for exercisers to stay motivated and track their success. Life Fitness is keeping stride with technology’s fast-paced evolution by making equipment compatible with the most popular cutting-edge mobile devices.
- Wireless Connectivity – New on-console QR codes let users log-in and save data to LFconnect accounts without a cord. In addition, Android users can now connect to the Discover Consoles wirelessly via Bluetooth® technology for easy workout data exchange with the LFconnect App.
- Two-Way App Compatibility – Since the launch of LFopen last year, health and fitness apps have been integrating fast and furiously with Life Fitness equipment. Now, Life Fitness is taking its collaborative mentality a step further by integrating with widely popular FitBit technology. Life Fitness allows exercisers to seamlessly transfer workout data from machines directly into their FitBit account, just by logging in. Further, Life Fitness equipment is now compatible with 12 popular apps, including Lose It!, Runtastic, SoFit, Paofit and Kinomap.
- Runs for Rainy Days – Exercisers now can take outdoor workouts inside with the new Outdoor GPS Workout Replay. Perfect for rainy days or race training, exercisers can save their outdoor run with the LFconnect app, and then replay the run’s distance and incline on compatible Life Fitness treadmills.
As exercisers embrace technology, fitness facilities do, too. Life Fitness is the first manufacturer in the industry to connect its complete cardio portfolio to its cloud technology, LFconnect, so facilities can take advantage of the most advanced offerings available. Technology solutions from Life Fitness on the business level help provide in-roads for superior facility management that directly benefit the bottom line.
- Ultimate Asset Management – Facility managers have a complete picture of all Life Fitness cardio products’ usage with LFconnect, including Elevation Series with Discover Consoles, Integrity Series and Activate Series machines. This detailed product data allows managers to make decisions on product mix, staffing and preventive maintenance.
- Remote Equipment Monitoring – Currently available in the US and Canada, potential maintenance needs can be resolved prior to an outage with remote equipment monitoring from Life Fitness. Boasting the largest service arm in the industry, Life Fitness uses LFconnect to tap into a facility’s equipment and monitor for potential required maintenance.
- Proactive Service Emails - LFconnect will also send email notifications to facilities, including proactive maintenance tips based on each location’s product usage data.
“The support we provide to our valued fitness facilities and their customers is a point of deep pride for Life Fitness,” said Brennand. “The best machines in the industry are now backed by innovative constantly evolving technology solutions”
See all of these Life Fitness’ tech solutions and many more in action at IHRSA, March 13-14, 2014, booth 1615. For more information about the show, visit go.lifefitness.com/ihrsa-home. For more information on Life Fitness visit LifeFitness.com.
About Life Fitness
Life Fitness is the global leader in commercial fitness equipment, as well as game tables and furnishings. The company manufactures and sells its well-known strength and cardiovascular equipment under its Life Fitness and Hammer Strength brands. It also offers billiards tables, accessories and game room furniture under the iconic Brunswick Billiards brand. Life Fitness, Hammer Strength and Brunswick Billiards equipment is distributed to more than 120 countries. Headquartered outside Chicago, in Rosemont, Ill., the company is a division of Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC).