5 Reasons the IC8 Power Trainer is the Perfect Indoor Partner for Your Members
The IC8 Power Trainer is an indoor training tool that can make you better in the offseason and ensure that you're ready for hitting the road again next spring. Here are five reasons why.
1. You can directly enter your functional threshold power (FTP) into the Wattrate TFT console and your power training zones are set for you. This lets you execute any training plan based on your FTP and the IC8 console will show you what training zone you are in. With Coach by Color built into the console your screen changes in color depending on what training zone you're in. This becomes an easy guide to keep you true to your training plan.
2. If you don't know your current FTP you can choose between two testing protocols that are built into the console. One option is the four-minute ramp test, the second is the five-minute FTP test. Being able to re-test your FTP every 8-12 weeks keeps you on track with your training progress. Having it accessible in the IC8 console makes it even easier.
3. The chain-driven freewheel. The IC8 comes equipped with an oversized chain to allow for maximum wattage output during HIIT intervals. You can generate up to 3800 watts of output with the IC8.
4. The 155mm Q Factor. This keeps you as close to your road bike positioning as you can get. The transition from riding the IC8 through the offseason to getting on your bike in the spring will be as efficient as possible.
5. Valuable input from the Polar View screen. One of the screens on the IC8 is Polar View (shown on the left). This allows you to see your left side/right side power output. Imagine training through the offseason and being able to work on perfecting your pedal stroke output by seeing what your left leg and right leg are generating. You can focus on your weakness, become more efficient in your pedal stroke output and ultimately see greater performance.